Abyssal Riposte is a Skill in Dragon's Dogma that can be used by Mystic Knights. Some Skills are shared between Vocations - when you buy a Skill, it can be accessed by any Vocation that can use it and doesn't have to be purchased again when swapping Vocations. New Skills can be bought using Discipline Points and changed at Inns around Gransys.
Dragon's Dogma Abyssal Riposte Effects
Abyssal Riposte has the following effects:
- Character enchants their shield with Dark magick.
- Adds moderate amounts of Dark damage to every regular block performed with Magick Shields.
- Perfect Blocks cause an even larger cloud of miasma in front of the knight that causes Torpor if stepped into.
- The blocking ability is greatly affected by the Prescience Augment.
Abyssal Riposte Dragon's Dogma Requirements
These are the requirements to unlock and use Abyssal Riposte:
- Weapons: Magick Shields
- Rank Available: 4
- Cost: 1200 DP
Dragon's Dogma Abyssal Riposte Upgrades
Some Skills have advanced forms that have stronger effects that can range from more damage, having a longer duration, being able to hit more enemies etc.
This is the advancement path for Abyssal Riposte:
- Darkcounter > Abyssal Riposte > Desecration Feint (with Magick Shieldsman's Ring or Magick Shieldsman's Band)