Fulmination is a Skill in Dragon's Dogma that can be used by Sorcerers. Some Skills are shared between Vocations - when you buy a Skill, it can be accessed by any Vocation that can use it and doesn't have to be purchased again when swapping Vocations. New Skills can be bought using Discipline Points and changed at Inns around Gransys.
Dragon's Dogma Fulmination Effects
Fulmination has the following effects:
- Character summons an AOE field of Lightning around them that damages Enemies that get too close. Allies that step into the field get a similar effect.
- Deals Lightning damage and has low Knockdown, but high Staggering power.
- When cast by holding the [Attack Button], it electrically charges all party members, dealing Thunder damage to any enemy they climb on/ in contact with them.
- Some things to take note of when using the spell:
- You can increase the duration of this skill by using Stamina-restoring items such as Large Mushrooms, Staminal Drench, Mushroom Potage etc. Make sure to hold the [Skill Button] while in the inventory or else the skill will cancel itself.
- Equipping Wyrmking's Ring hastens recharge time.
- Equipping Articulacy (Augment) improves speed of charging.
- Equipping Stability (Augment) prevents wind stagger from wing flapping
- Equipping Conservation extends stamina.
- Works best if you fully charge the spell outside of combat and then release the spell once at the enemy.
- The skill is cancelled if you jump, get staggered by a footstomp or a collapsing monster, get knocked down, shot by an arrow that takes you off your feet or if hit by a spell.
- Increasing a Sorcerer's knockdown/stagger resistance by wearing high-quality armor will decrease the likelihood of spell interruption.
Fulmination Dragon's Dogma Requirements
These are the requirements to unlock and use Fulmination:
- Weapons: Archistaves
- Rank Available: 6
- Cost: 3000 DP
Dragon's Dogma Fulmination Upgrades
Some Skills have advanced forms that have stronger effects that can range from more damage, having a longer duration, being able to hit more enemies etc.
This is the advancement path for Fulmination: