Masterful Kill is a Skill in Dragon's Dogma that can be used by Assassins. Some Skills are shared between Vocations - when you buy a Skill, it can be accessed by any Vocation that can use it and doesn't have to be purchased again when swapping Vocations. New Skills can be bought using Discipline Points and changed at Inns around Gransys.
Dragon's Dogma Masterful Kill Effects
Masterful Kill has the following effects:
- Character readies themself to be attacked, then parries and counterattacks the next attack against them
- If the enemy is small, the Arisen jumps onto the enemy and slits the neck with the dagger.
- For larger Enemies, the arisen latches onto the enemy and does an attack that deals 5-7 hits consecutively.
- Works only against melee attacks.
- Works only if the timing is right and the initial enemy attack is caught with the dagger. Success here depends on your reflexes, intimate knowledge of enemy attack animations and knowledge of the range of said attacks.
- Masterful kill can be held ready for an incoming attack. Simply activate the skill and stay still. The next physical attack that strikes, will trigger the Masterful Kill.
- While holding the skill, your Stamina will neither deplete nor regenerate.
Masterful Kill Dragon's Dogma Requirements
These are the requirements to unlock and use Masterful Kill:
- Weapons: Daggers
- Rank Available: 9
- Cost: 6000 DP
Dragon's Dogma Masterful Kill Upgrades
Some Skills have advanced forms that have stronger effects that can range from more damage, having a longer duration, being able to hit more enemies etc.
This is the advancement path for Masterful Kill:
- Easy Kill > Masterful Kill