Enhancement in Dragon's Dogma is the process of using Items to upgrade Equipment such as Weapons and Armor. Enhancing a Weapon increases it's damage output and ability to knockdown or stagger Enemies, and in some cases, gives the Weapon the ability to inflict certain Debilitations, while Enhancing a piece of Armor increases it's defenses and resistances to knockdown, stagger, and certain Elemental Damage and Debilitations. This page covers all aspects of Enhancement in Dragon's Dogma.
Dragon's Dogma Enhancement
Dragon's Dogma Enhancement Basic Information
- Each Enhancement level is given a star rating, with a single star as the first enhancement level.
- Equipment can be Enhanced up to 3 stars .
- Enhancements require gold and Items at each level. The cost and Items required at each level are specified in the game's Enhancement screen
Dragon's Dogma Enhancement Services
The following Merchants and NPCs provide Enhancement services
- Caxton at Caxton's Armory
- Mathias at Greatwall Encampment
- Reynard the Traveling Merchant
- Barroch at Bitterblack Isle
Dragon's Dogma Dragonforging and Rarifying
Gear can be enhanced beyond 3 star level through the processes of Dragonforging and Rarifying
- Dragonforging is a process in which Armor and Weapons are strengthened in wyrmfire, which improves them beyond 3 star Enhancement. It is achieved only by slaying a Dragon; upon death of the dragon all armor and weapons that the Arisen has equipped has a chance to become dragonforged. Dragonforged equipment is indicated by a wyrm icon .
- Rarifying is a process that uses Items and Rift Crystals to enhance Dragonforged Equipment. An additional 2 levels of upgrading can be achieved through rarifying. Rarifying services are provided by Barroch, and rarified equipment is indicated by a dragon icon /.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!