High Maelstrom is a Skill in Dragon's Dogma that can be used by Sorcerers. Some Skills are shared between Vocations - when you buy a Skill, it can be accessed by any Vocation that can use it and doesn't have to be purchased again when swapping Vocations. New Skills can be bought using Discipline Points and changed at Inns around Gransys.
Dragon's Dogma High Maelstrom Effects
High Maelstrom has the following effects:
- Character summons a tornado that damages Enemies caught in the area.
- Pulls most Enemies up into the air, dealing Dark damage, and then drops them when the wind subsides, dealing additional fall damage.
- This advanced version of Maelstrom will keep most enemies stunlocked for the duration of the skill, even the Ur-Dragon. This can be used advantageously as a shield by running into the storm and attacking the stunlocked enemies still on the ground or recharging another spell.
- Large and strong enemies are able to resist the whirlwind's pull. Also ineffective against enemies resistant to Dark Magick (e.g. Hydras, Succubi, Banshees and armored Cyclops)
- A highly damaging attack that can be difficult to avoid if cast on you by enemies.
High Maelstrom Dragon's Dogma Requirements
These are the requirements to unlock and use High Maelstrom:
- Weapons: Archistaves
- Rank Available: 9
- Cost: 8500 DP
Dragon's Dogma High Maelstrom Upgrades
Some Skills have advanced forms that have stronger effects that can range from more damage, having a longer duration, being able to hit more enemies etc.
This is the advancement path for High Maelstrom:
- Maelstrom > High Maelstrom