Stage 1 is a game stage in Dragon's Dogma. It takes place from the start of the game until completion of the Main Story Quest Off With Its Head. Several Side Quests become available during this stage and some must be completed before moving on to the next stage, or they will be lost/failed. This page can be used as a progression checklist for events you do not want to miss, and for those looking to complete a perfect playthrough.
Stage 1 Information
- Player chooses one of the Vocations during Newly Arisen.
- Main Pawn creation takes place during Call of the Arisen.
- Rook will join the player during Upon a Pawn and accompany you until choosing your main pawn. He can be dimissed at a Rift Stone or retained.
- Reynard can be found on the Seabreeze Trail, attacked by Goblin. If saved, he will move to The Encampment until the end of Stage 1.
- Madeleine will be in Pablos' Inn at Cassardis after completing Call of the Arisen. If the quest Guard Duty is completed, she will move to The Encampment until the end of Stage 1.
- Gran Soren is inaccessible until completing Off With Its Head.
- Ferrystones and Portcrystals can not be used until Stage 2.
- Bitterblack Isle can be accessed after creating the main pawn.
Main Story Quests
- The End at the Beginning
- Harbinger of Destruction
- Newly Arisen: Choose Vocation
- Upon a Pawn
- Call of the Arisen: Main Pawn creation, Madeleine moves to Cassardis
- A Rude Awakening
- Off With Its Head
Side Quests That Become Available
- Floral Delivery
- Lost Faith
- Grim Tidings
- Save Reynard
- Strength in Numbers: after completing Call of the Arisen
- Guard Duty: after completing Call of the Arisen, Madeleine moves to The Encampment
- Deep Trouble: after completing Call of the Arisen
- Lost and Found: after completing A Rude Awakening
- Search Party: must save Reynard
- An Uninvited Guest: after completing A Rude Awakening
Side Quests That Must Be Completed
Equipment that becomes available to buy during this stage.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!