Trials and Tribulations is a quest in Dragon's Dogma
"The merchant Fournival stands accused. Prove his guilt or innocence afore time run out."
- Collect evidence
- 20,000 Gold
- 15,000 XP
- 30 RC
Speak to Aldous to gather evidence to either convict or exonerate Fournival from his accused crimes. He is held under house arrest, and if you speak with him he will promise to sell you his goods at the lowest possible price if you can prove his innocence. This may be worth taking him up on as the discount he offers is substantial.
You have 4 days from the quest start to gather the evidence you need one way or another.
- If no evidence is found one way or another, he will be found guilty, making it the easiest option.
- If Jasper had been evicted he provides evidence
- The gift ledger in Fournival Manor implicates him
- Ansell will come forward as a witness if the quest An Innocent Man was completed.
- You may also purchase fake affidavits from Reynard
- You need 3 statements of innocence to clear Fournival's name.
- Ser Darerio at Windbluff Tower will give one. You may escort Ser Castor to testify on his behalf
- Geffrey the priest in Gran Soren Cathedral, his daughter Symone will give you petitions on his behalf.
- You may purchase fake affidavits from Reynard
3 documents and a witness will be enough to ensure his innocence. Upon reaching the time limit, go to Fountain Square to hear the verdict read. Speak with Aldous to receive your reward.
If found guilty, Fournival will be executed and Symone will relocate to the slums. You may purchase Fournival Manor and return it to her for a hefty sum of gold. You will also lose out on being able to purchase Fournival's wares until NG+.
If found innocent, he will set lower prices for his wares and also make Escort Duty available.