Lure of the Abyss
|Type||Main Story Quest|
|Prerequisite||A Matter of Myrmidons|
|Next Quest||Stage 3 Wyrm Hunt Quests|
Lure of the Abyss is a quest in Dragon's Dogma
Lure of the Abyss
"Barnaby begs of you to explore the Everfall, a sprawling ruin beneath Gran Soren. He claims a new "presence" has claimed the abyss."
- Explore The Everfall
- Report Back to Barnaby
- 12,000 Gold
- 8,000 Exp.
- 10 Rift Crystals
Speak with Barnaby in the Pawn Guild in Gran Soren. He will will explain to you the history of The Everfall which lies beneath the guild, and wants the Arisen to check out what is happening down there. Accept the quest and head down below. The quest Reaper's Scorn will also have objectives down here that can be completed.
The Everfall is a tough place, so be prepared for difficult enemies. Head left upon entering the Everfall and follow the walkway, killing any Enemies along the way until you encounter an Ogre. Defeat the beast and continue on. You will come to a room of skeletons past a gate, by entering through a doorway on the left. Go through and to the main path and pull the lever to open the gate. Continue towards the bottom.
Spend some time investigating the areas above and below you for loot and treasure. Upon reaching the Flameservant's Throne, investigate it which will trigger a cutscene showing the reaching tentacles of an Evil Eye. You're mission now is to hustle back up the spiral as fast as possible, since the tentacles can not be defeated as the eye of the beast is not exposed. Take care to avoid the tentacles coming from the floor as they pack a heck of a punch. Once you've made it back to the surface, speak with Barnaby to finish the quest. Ser Duncan will approach you and automatically trigger Stage 3 in the Main Story Quests, the Wyrm Hunt quests.
- Caution! The quest Lost and Found must be completed prior to being approached by Ser Duncan upon completion of Lure of the Abyss otherwise the quest will fail.
- To avoid the above scenario one may teleport out of Gran Soren instead going out of Pawn Guild or teleporting to Gran Soren portcrystal.
- Should one receive the writ and learn of this quest's failing one may still load the latest Checkpoint save.
- If the quest Reaper's Scorn was picked up, the Arisen will find a Wakestone Shard near the Flameservant's Throne at the bottom of the Everfall room. If the quest has already been completed or not picked up, the Shard will not be there.
- Tentacles will not enter the Ceremonial Cage or the nearby harpy infested chamber, though they will follow the party throughout most of the rest of the ruins.
- With the introduction of Dark Arisen, the Arisen can find their first Portcrystal in the middle of the Flameservant's Throne.
- Ser Duncan is sent on behalf of Mercedes - just as she stated she would send for the Arisen, though he never mentions her.
- It is possible to never officially complete this quest but still continue on to the rest of the main quests, strangely enough - Lure of the Abyss will be marked as cancelled upon starting Come to Court.
- For a Speed Run run simply just jump from the entrance and fall all the way to the bottom of the Everfall, use a Wakestone to revive then examine the floor and use a Ferrystone immediately to teleport back to Gran Soren. The Arisen will immediately pick up the next story quest upon doing so without even turning in this one.