The Ancient Quarry is a location in Dragon's Dogma.
- A quarry with an Abandoned Mine filled with Bandits and other monsters alike.
- Located just to the west of Gran Soren, connecting the Southern and Central Gransys.
- There is an entrance from the Estan Plains and another one somewhere between The Shadow Fort and Rest Camp in the Devilfire Grove area.
- After completion of the quest, Of Merchants and Monsters, the Quarry becomes a safe location filled with people.
- You can obtain the achievement Into the Ancient Quarry by simply entering this location.
Of Merchants and Monsters
The following items may be found at this location:
- Reinforced Longbow / Thousand Troops -- in a chest at the Abandoned Mine where Alon sets shop later.
- Ogre Strategy Vol. 2 - Chest in a room east of Abandoned Mine
- Final Journal Entry - in the first chest by the right wall in the main room
- Bronze Bangles
- Ogre Bone / Helical Archistaff
- Ferric Talon / Scalding Razors / Eden's Warden
- Adventurer's Cloak / Angel's Periapt / Downcuffs & Cuisses / Battle Greaves
7 days (in-game) After completing the quest Of Merchants and Monsters, the following items may spawn in 4 secret chests that appear:
- Chest 1: Iron Headgear / Iron Helm / Sectional Iron Plate / Iron Lorica / Iron Vest / Iron Manicae / Iron Armguard / Iron Cuisses
- Chest 2: Salomet's Secret / Tagilus's Miracle / Steel Nut Salve / Decoction of Bandlily
- Chest 3: Rousing Perfume / Balmy Perfume / Monk's Periapt / Veteran's Periapt / Banker's Periapt
- Chest 4: Tight Cinquedea / Cutlass / Steel Greatsword / War Blade / Mounted Pale / Thousand Troops / Bloodthirsty Beak
Being a mine, there are many ores available to mine such as:
Certain items respawn in Chests or Crates at this location roughly every 3 days (in-game). These items are: