|Type||Side Story Quest|
Deep Trouble, Off With Its Head
Deep Trouble is a quest in Dragon's Dogma
"Unnerving snarls from Cassardis' old well startled a soldier seeking refuge inside. Investigate the source of the sounds."
- Kill the nest of Saurians.
- Inform the guard the Dripstone Cave is safe.
- 8,000 Gold
- 6,000 Exp.
- 15 Rift Crystals
The quest becomes available after completing Off With Its Head; additionally Deep Trouble must have been completed and a week have passed.
A plea for help can be heard emanating from the Cassardis well.
Inside the well is Rorric, asking for the elimination of the Saurian nest within Dripstone Cave. He'll also offer Throwblasts which will be useful later.
Proceed to the Emperor's Pillar chamber, and then to a western passage previously blocked by a large boulder.
After dispatching the Saurian, ensure the party is healed before destroying the egg clusters on the walls - all forms of fire are useful against the eggs, including Rorric's throwblasts. Continued attacks within the eggchamber will summon a Giant Saurian and several regular saurians.
Kill all forms of Saurian life within the chamber and report to Rorric at the well entrance to claim your reward.
- The egg clusters can be destroyed using any attacks. However, they are extremely weak to fire damage, and can easily be set on fire.
- Saurians may attempt to extinguish burning eggs by spitting.
- (Glitch) If the egg clusters are destroyed prior to the arrival of the giant 'Saurian Queen', they will be regenerated, and have to be destroyed again.
Goddamn this wiki sucks.