|Health||15000 / 15000 / 5000|
|Attack||900 / 300 / 600|
|Defense||250 / 160 / 180|
|Magic Attack||150 / 750 / 200|
|Magick Defense||160 / 500 / 200|
Chimera is an enemy in Dragon's Dogma.
"A fearsome beast bearing the heads of both a lion and a goat while its tail takes the form of a giant snake. The chimera's features so distinguish it from the natural world that it is believed by most to be born not of God's power but of the sorcerer's arts.
The three beasts that reside within the creature each possess an independent will and this ability to act autonomously is frighteningly apparent if you come to blows with the chimera.
While the mobilization of its massive torso and legs is largely under the command of the lion head, the goat specializes in magickal attacks and the snake head on the chimera's tail eliminates all blind spots and allows it to defend itself when downed. You would be foolish to approach a fallen chimera without caution if this snake is still able to fight.
On rare occasion, the chimera can be sent into a panic that will cause its respective personalities to fight for control of the body in a confused frenzy. Such behavior is not seen in other multi-headed beasts, such as the hydra, and so it appears yet another piece of evidence supporting the theory that the chimera is a man-made monster.
Chimeras are highly adaptive and can survive in any habitat, but they are most often observed in mountain shadows and deep in dungeons. They do not make a den or any other home for themselves as they are constantly on the prowl in search of new prey."
- Barta Crags, on the path out of Heavenspeak Fort (Replaced by a Gorechimera Post-Game)
- Cursewood, west of the northward path rising towards Heavenspeak Fort
- Deos Hills, occasionally found northwest of Windbluff Tower.
- Northface Forest, near the back exit of the Blighted Manse
- Verda Woodlands, about midway between Healing Spring and Miner's Toolshed
- Vestad Hills, deep inside the forest
- Wilted Forest, at the southeast edge.
- The Everfall in the Chamber of Fate (Post-Game)
- Freakish Claw (Lion Head 50%)
- Freakish Mane (Lion Head 30% / Goat Head 70%)
- Freakish Scale (Snake Head 70%)
- Black Freakish Scale (Pilfer 34%)
- Jewel of Vicissitude (Pilfer 9%)
- Detoxicating Powder (Pilfer 23%)
- Peppermint Seed (Pilfer 23%)
- Tagilu's Miracle (Pilfer 8%)
- Ring of Gules (Pilfer 1%)
- Ring of Azure (Pilfer 1%)
- Ring of Purpose (Pilfer 1%)
- Snakeskin (Snake Head 30%)
- Rift Crystal (3%)
- Wakestone (100%)
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Chimera Tactics - Specific tactics to beat Chimeras.
- Chimera Strategy Vol. 1 - Kill the snake tail first to make climbing and attacking easier.
- Chimera Strategy Vol. 2 - Silence the goat to make it unable to cast any spells.
- The Lion head is weak against magic and elements.
- Killing the goat head first will increase aggression as the lion takes control of the body. It will pounce around randomly and violently. May
- not be a needed knowledge flag.
- Killing the lion head first will decrease aggression as the goat takes control of the body. It will only be able to cast spells and will mostly try to run away from the attacking party. May not be a needed knowledge flag.
- Vulnerable to Torpor, Silence, and Tarred, Sleep.
- The three heads take significantly more damage than the body. The Lion is weak against magic, Goat is weak against physicall attacks and both attacks are effective against the snake.
- Slash: 75%
- Bash: 75%
- Fire: 100%
- Ice: 100%
- Thunder: 100%
- Holy: 100%
- Dark: 100%
- Slash: 100%
- Bash: 100%
- Fire: 60%
- Ice: 60%
- Thunder: 60%
- Holy: 100%
- Dark: 60%
- Slash: 100%
- Bash: 50%
- Fire: 90%
- Ice: 90%
- Thunder: 90%
- Holy: 90%
- Dark: 90%
|Leap Attack||Lion||Pounces its target.|
|Bite||Lion||The lion will bite anyone standing in front of it.|
|Back Kick||Lion||Uses its hind legs to kick anyone standing behind it.|
|Roar||Lion||The lion roars and knocks back anyone in the vicinity or climbing on it. Any attacking pawn or Arisen is thrown back further. This can be blocked with a shield or magick shield.|
|Extinguish||Lion||Rolls on the ground if caught on fire or to dislodge enemies.|
|Lion's Meal||Lion||The lion pounces on a sleeping or downed target and proceeds to feast on them. Wiggling the L-stick to break free.|
|Blind Rampage||Lion||If the lion is the last head alive it will go berserk, charging at random targets until it has sustained enough damage or is knocked down.|
|High Levin||Goat||Smites the enemy from above with a tongue of lightning. Causes Thundershock.|
|Sopor||Goat||Puts nearby enemies to sleep, usually followed up with a Lion's Meal attack.|
|Frigor||Goat||Generates a giant spire of ice at enemies.|
|Miasma||Snake||Spits a cloud of deadly poison out of its mouth on the ground. Causes Poison if caught in the cloud.|
|Lunge||Snake||Lunges at anyone in range or if there is anyone on the Chimera.|
|Grab||Snake||Grabs a target and hoists them into the air, while the other heads chew on them until they free themselves (wiggle L-stick). Sometimes the snake will throw ensnare a target towards the lion head (which will be followed by a Lion's Meal attack) or towards the goat head (which will inflict Drenched).|