in Dragon's Dogma are weapons that are permanently enchanted with a specific element. When using these weapons, all strikes will deal both physical and magick damage with a percentage for their associated
and a chance for an associated
Elemental Weapons Categories
Fire weapons have a chance to inflict
burning status on enemies, dealing 24 damage per second and causing them to flee, panic and land if their wings are on fire.
Ice weapons have a chance to inflict
Frozen status on enemies, preventing them from moving, attacking or dodging.
Lightning weapons have a chance to unleash a Thundershock, that stuns nearby enemies and deals a small amount of aoe damage.
Dark weapons have a chance to inflict additional damage to enemies for 10% of the character's magick stat. It also has a small chance to critically hit and kill bandits, saurians and other low level enemies, or inflict several debilitations such as
Holy weapons have a chance to heal the caster for 10% of their Magick Defense.
Elemental Damage Limitations
Not all weapon categories have all elemental damages available.
- There are no Dark based elemental Longswords, Maces, Swords or Staves
- There are no Lightning based elemental Warhammers.
- There are no Ice or Dark elemental Shields.
- There are no Fire based elemental Magick Shields.
- The original game did not have elemental ranged weapons. With Dark Arisen, each Ranged Weapon type was give one elemental-based weapon:
- Shortbows have a Fire based weapon.
- Longbows have an Ice based weapon.
- Magick Bows have a Lightning based weapon.