The Day and Night Cycle in Dragon's Dogma is a subtle feature that has profound effects on gameplay. The game operates on an unseen clock that governs the time of day. Resting at Inns is the most reliable way to pinpoint the start of the day as it starts the day fresh at the beginning of the new cycle. As the day progresses, NPCs go about their routines according to their schedules and the world experiences certain changes depending on the time of day.
Dragon's Dogma Day Night Cycle
The following are elements that appear or occur only during the day:
- The following flowers will bloom during the day:
- Griffins will hunt during the day, and will return to their nests at sunset.
Night is a particularly dangerous time of the day, and it is marked by several dramatic elements and occurrences:
- Moonglow will only bloom at night.
- Powerful Enemies such as Wights appear at night.
- Undead enemies like Ghosts and Skeletons appear in the overworld at night and drop Items that can only be obtained at night. This does not apply in the following Locations, meaning Undead are not restricted by time of day in their appearance (this restriction is also lifted during Endgame):
- The Assassin Augments Entrancement, Sanguinity and Bloodlust are activated at night.