Chasing Shadows is a quest in Dragon's Dogma
"Salvation reportedly has a spy inside the castle at Gran Soren. Mason asks you root out the cultist"
- A suspicious figure has been spotted sneaking out of the castle late at night. Wait in the noble quarter, and tail them.
- You located a suspicious character. Shadow him, taking pains not to be noticed.
- The suspect engaged in a clandestine meeting. Tell Mason's agent, Arsmith the tavern master, of what you witnessed.
- You reported the suspect's activity. Quest reward received.
- 7,000 Gold
- 4,500 Exp.
- 10 Rift Crystals
- Madeleine's Shop opens
Go to the Noble District in Gran Soren and approach the palace gate. You will trigger a cutscene with a blonde man. Begin following him at a safe distance, do not get too close and just watch your map for his location.
The man will leave the noble district and head to the merchant district, past the inn, down to the aqueduct across the water and eventually land in a small abandoned house and meet with Madeleine.
Go back to the ale house to finish the quest and receive your reward.
- Starting this quest is temporarily disabled upon starting Seeking Salvation, but it will not fail if you already have the quest. It may become available again after all Wyrm Hunt quest objectives are complete (you do not seem to need to hand in the completed quests).
- Caution! Starting the quest Come to Court will cause this quest to fail, at this time Mason will disappear from Gran Soren and make his way towards The Abbey. Failing the quest will also prevent Madeleine from opening her shop, voiding her future storyline and quests.
- If the Arisen accidentally follows the wrong person, the mystery man will politely wait before continuing along his path.
- The Arisen can be spotted once by Julien, at least if one is discovered early on before entering the Urban Quarter. If spotted twice the quest will fail.
- Failing this quest does not affect Mason's request to continue to investigate Salvation.
- Julien has an unique and easily recognizable shield on his back (the Wizard's Vizard), making him easy to keep track of.
- After completion of the quest the 'Abandoned House' will not change to 'Madeleine's Shop' until the Arisen leaves and enters the city. (This change is purely aesthetic and has no discernible effect whatsoever)
- (BUG) The final cutscene will not trigger if Lure of the Abyss is not completed yet.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I got the mission completed and she’s at her shop but the trophies not popping up do I need to come back at a later date in the game
I just don't know where to get this quest